Acquire key skills and earn a qualification in the industry-standard bookkeeping and accounting software with this engaging online course. The Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Diploma covers both the basic and advanced functions of the program, from processing payroll, holiday and absences to performing year-end tasks, correcting mistakes and using timesheets.
This online Sage 50 Payroll training course is taught by industry experts through practical exercises, electronic study materials and multiple-choice online assessment. Each module focuses on a different aspect of the Sage 50 software, beginning with the basics of setting up payroll, tax codes, month end reports and keeping records, before moving onto running BACS payments reports, analysing data and managing sap, pension, and Statutory Sick Pay.
Learning Outcomes of the Sage 50 Payroll Complete Course:
- Gain sufficient knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software to utilise its basic and advanced functions for work tasks
- Understand the basics of setting up payroll, tax codes, month end reports, keeping records, and license limitations.
- Get a solid understanding of the legislation setting dialog box, PAYE, NI brands & rates, SSP, SMP/SAP/SPP/ShPP, minimum wage, etc.
- Familiarise with the sage 50 payroll pension module and pension scheme basics
- Understand the pay elements setting dialog box, managing payment and deduction types, loans, net payments, salary sacrifice, etc.
- Learn how to use quick employee, add multiple employees, change employee status and update year-to-date values
- Understand the payment period & payment methods, and learn how to reset criteria
- Learn how to record holidays, remove absence days, check holiday records and holiday scheme records
- Understand common mistakes in payroll processing and learn how to correct errors
- Learn how to set up passwords, add new users, change the personal password and delete user accounts
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of 9.99 and PDF Certificate at 4.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Training offered by the Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers in
- Office Administration
- Other business finance roles
Our Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course is fully compatible with any kind of device. Whether you are using Windows computer, smartphones or tablets, you will get the same experience while learning. Besides that, you will be able to access the course with any kind of internet connection from anywhere at any time without any kind of limitation.
Please Note: For practice purpose, you should have Sage 50 software installed on your PC. The software is not included with this course.
|Take Sage 50cloud Payroll for a TestDrive, FREE - Sage 50 Payroll Complete Course|
|Take Sage 50cloud Payroll for a TestDrive, FREE – Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course||00:00:00|
|Sage 50 Payroll for Beginners|
|01. Important Information||00:05:00|
|02. Getting Started||00:30:00|
|03. Backing Up & Restoring Data||00:30:00|
|04. Payroll Basics||00:30:00|
|05. Company Settings||00:30:00|
|06. Legislation Settings||00:30:00|
|07. Pension Scheme Basics||00:30:00|
|08. Pay Elements||00:30:00|
|09. The Processing Date||00:20:00|
|10. Adding Existing Employees||00:20:00|
|11. Adding New Employees||00:20:00|
|12. Payroll Processing Basics||00:20:00|
|13. Entering Payments||00:20:00|
|14. Pre-Update Reports||00:20:00|
|15. Updating Records||00:10:00|
|16. e-Submissions Basics||00:20:00|
|17. Process Payroll (November)||00:20:00|
|18. Employee Records and Reports||00:10:00|
|19. Editing Employee Records||00:15:00|
|20. Process Payroll (December)||00:15:00|
|21. Resetting Payments||00:10:00|
|22. Quick SSP||00:15:00|
|23. An Employee Leaves||00:15:00|
|24. Final Payroll Run||00:15:00|
|25. Reports and Historical Data||00:20:00|
|26. Year-End Procedures||00:10:00|
|27. Appendix A ~ The Startup Wizard||00:05:00|
|Sage 50 Payroll Intermediate Level|
|01. Important Information||00:30:00|
|02. Program Basics||00:45:00|
|03. The Outline View and Criteria||00:45:00|
|04. Global Changes||00:45:00|
|06. Departments and Analysis||00:45:00|
|07. Holiday Schemes||00:30:00|
|08. Recording Holidays||00:30:00|
|09. Absence Reasons||00:30:00|
|10. Statutory Sick Pay||00:30:00|
|11. Statutory Maternity Pay||00:45:00|
|12. Student Loans||00:45:00|
|13. Company Cars||00:30:00|
|14. Workplace Pensions||00:30:00|
|15. Holiday Funds||00:30:00|
|16. Roll Back||00:30:00|
|17. Passwords and Access Rights||00:45:00|
|18. Options and Links||00:30:00|
|19. Linking Payroll to Accounts||00:30:00|
|20. Appendix A – The Startup Wizard||00:20:00|
|Mock Exam – Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course||00:30:00|
|Final Exam – Sage 50 Payroll 2017 Complete Course||00:30:00|