Become a qualified welder by learning the basics and advanced techniques of welding various metals, with the Welding – Basic to Advanced (British Standard) training course.
In this detailed training course you learn; various theoretical and practical welding techniques for various metals. You will also learn how welding is incorporated in the fabrication industry.
The Welding – Basic to Advanced (British Standard) Training Course covers everything from; various types of metals through to how to weld different types of metal for the fabrication industry.
Learning Outcomes of The Welding – Basic To Advanced (British Standard):
- Learn about different types of metal fabrication
- Learn the basic principles of welding
- Develop skills in welding various metals
- Explore how to prepare metals for fabrication
- Learn health and safety principles for the welding trade
- Understand personal protection equipment and how to use it
- Learn about safety in gas welding
- Develop techniques for skilled advanced welding.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of 9.99 and PDF Certificate at 4.99.
|Module 1: Introduction to Welding||00:15:00|
|Module 2: Getting Familiar with Metals||00:20:00|
|Module 3: Exploring Welding Methods||00:20:00|
|Module 4: Knowing the Welding Metals||00:30:00|
|Module 5: Preparing Steel for Welding||00:15:00|
|Module 6: Working with Stainless Steel||00:15:00|
|Module 7: Working with Aluminium and Other Metals||00:20:00|
|Module 8: MIG Welding Tutorial||00:30:00|
|Module 9: TIG Welding Tutorial||00:30:00|
|Module 10: Arc Welding Tutorial||00:45:00|
|Welding Hazards and Safety|
|Module 11: Illness Caused by Welding Fume and Gases||00:15:00|
|Module 12: Welding Fume – Reducing the Risk||00:30:00|
|Module 13: Hearing Loss and Vibration White Finger||00:30:00|
|Module 14: Other Safety Issues||00:30:00|
|Module 15: Protection during Welding||00:45:00|
|Module 16: Safety in Gas Welding||00:30:00|
|Mock Exam – Welding – Basic To Advanced (British Standard)||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Welding – Basic To Advanced (British Standard)||00:20:00|