This course content has been revised by the Course Instructor. Click here to get the revised version.
If you are interested in maximising your efficiency in minute taking for your job or you are interested in building your career as a stenotype operator or journalist, this Minute Taking Course will benefit you. This course will help you to improve your skills in note taking and familiarise with the features of Microsoft OneNote 2016.
This Minute Taking Course will teach you how to organise yourself before, during and after the meeting. You’ll also learn how to convey information in a concise and compelling sentence. This course will also make you qualified to determine whether to record or ignore something in a meeting. You’ll also gain a solid understanding of Microsoft OneNote 2016 and how to use the various features of this go-to-go application for note-taking.
Learning Outcomes of The Minute Taking Course:
- Explore various organisational tips and learn how to prepare for a productive meeting
- Identify what is essential and what is not for minute taking
- Discover the difference between agenda and minutes
- Understand the art of taking minutes and familiarise with the tips for writing minutes
- Get a solid understanding of the user interface, from creating notebooks, to using templates, and customising the interface
- Learn how to integrate other Microsoft programs with OneNote
- Understand how to share and collaborate on notebooks through Outlook integration
- Learn how to conduct searches in notebooks
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of 9.99 and PDF Certificate at 4.99.
|Module 01: Introduction and Background of Minute Taking||00:10:00|
|Module 02: Sections of Meeting||00:10:00|
|Module 03: Agenda||00:10:00|
|Module 04: Roles and Responsibility of Minute Takers||00:10:00|
|Module 05: Note Taking Methods and Skill Development||00:10:00|
|Module 06: Main Parts of Meeting Minutes, Recording Decisions and Actions||00:10:00|
|Module 07: The Freedom of Information Act||00:05:00|
|Module 08: Making Minute Interesting and Building Confidence||00:05:00|
|Mock Exam – Minute Taking Course||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Minute Taking Course||00:20:00|