With the right teaching, dogs can make some of the best pets. However, learning to train them properly takes skill and practise. On this extensive training course, you will learn to understand a dog’s psychology, movements and expressions, and be taught various commands that will ensure your dog can sit, speak and fetch. You will also gain an insight into the origins of dogs, why they become aggressive and what you can do to prevent that.
- Canine psychology
- Positive and negative reinforcement
- Facial features and what they mean
- Learn to prevent aggression with positive reinforcement.
- Develop dog communication techniques.
- Identify the many expressions of dogs and what they mean.
- Gain a greater understanding of the history of dogs and why their origins still impact the way they act today.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of 9.99 and PDF Certificate at 4.99.
|Module 1: Understanding Your Dog’s Origin||00:45:00|
|Module 2: Canine Psychology||00:07:00|
|Module 3: Behaviour in Dogs||00:07:00|
|Module 4: Everyday Behaviour||00:30:00|
|Module 5: TAIL Position||00:15:00|
|Module 6: Expressions||00:15:00|
|Module 7: EARS||00:15:00|
|Module 8: EYES||00:15:00|
|Module 9: VOCALISATIONS||00:15:00|
|Module 10: Other Movements||00:15:00|
|Module 11: Training Movements||00:30:00|
|Module 12: Communicating with Your Dog||00:45:00|
|Module 13: Aggression in Dogs||00:10:00|
|Module 14: Definition of Aggression||00:15:00|
|Module 15: Different Types of Aggression||00:45:00|
|Module 16: More Causes of Aggression||00:45:00|
|Module 17: Why Do Dogs Bite?||00:30:00|
|Module 18: Introduction to Dog Training||00:30:00|
|Module 19: Training to the Special Equipment||00:10:00|
|Module 20: The Command “Come!”||00:10:00|
|Module 21: The Command “Heel”||00:10:00|
|Module 22: “Walk” Command||00:10:00|
|Module 23: “Sit” Command||00:15:00|
|Module 24: The Command “Down”||00:15:00|
|Module 25: The command “Stand”||00:10:00|
|Module 26: Command “Speak”||00:15:00|
|Module 27: Command “Fetch”||00:30:00|
|Module 28: Command “Stop”||00:10:00|
|Module 29: Step by Step HEELING Training||00:30:00|
|Module 30: Step by Step Automatic Sit Class||00:15:00|
|Module 31: Step-by-Step SIT-STAY Training||00:20:00|
|Module 32: Step-by-Step COME-WHEN-CALLED Training||00:10:00|
|Module 33: Step-by-Step 30-MINUTE STAY Training||00:15:00|
|Module 34: Step-by-Step DOWN-STAY Training||00:20:00|
|Module 35: Step-by-Step GO-TO-YOUR-BED Training||00:10:00|
|Module 36: Step-by-Step ADVANCED HEELING Training||00:20:00|
|Module 37: Step-by-Step COME-WHEN-CALLED OFF-THE-LEASH Training||00:20:00|
|Module 38: Some Factors to Consider When Training a Dog||00:15:00|
|Mock Exam – Dog Behaviour and Training||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – Dog Behaviour and Training||00:20:00|
No Reviews found for this course.